Celebrate National Tamales Day on March 23
Did you know there was a National Tamale Day? Sure is and it’s March 23. What a great day to celebrate eating Fat Mama’s Tamales either in Natchez in our restaurant or by ordering them and having them shipped to you.
Tamales have their origins with Aztec and Mayans and appear in hieroglyphics of annual rituals and religious celebrations. They are considered the original “to-go” meal. In Mexico, tamales are often served in holiday meals such as Christmas.
We know tamales can be savory, filled with meat, beans, cheese, vegetables and seasonings but many do not know that tamales can also be sweet, filled with fruit, caramel or chocolate. Our tamales at Fat Mama’s Tamales are savory, and can be enjoyed with many accompaniments like salsa, guacamole and crema.
Tamales can be enjoyed any time of year but why not especially on March 23. Here are some ways you can celebrate National Tamale Day:
- Visit Fat Mama’s Tamales online store for your order of mouth watering savory tamales
- Be sure to give us a shout-out on social media and use #NationalTamaleDay to share on social media
- Attend a tamale festival or celebration. There are over 40 across the nation.
- Add Knock-You-Naked Margaritas to your meal or celebration
- Find new accompaniments or side dishes that you can add to your tamales meal. We have some suggestions.
Happy National Tamales Day!!!